Saturday, May 14, 2016

Whetstones For Jesus



Proverbs 27:17
As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend......

Game on....
Prep started last Tuesday for tonight....
Study, pray, study, pray....listen for His voice during it all.
Saturday.....tonight is the night.

We'll gather at 419 Broad Street at 7 p.m.
We'll come early to catch up on the happenings of the past week.
There will be laughter, and probably some tears as well.


Sometimes the greatest ministry and teachings come before the service actually begins.
To me, it's all about our sharing with one another.
Sharing about what God has been doing (and continues to do) in our lives.

I need to hear other people's stories.
I need to be a part of a group of folks who real and transparent.

I don't  need to be surrounded by people who are playing at religion, thinking that somehow if you can project an image that suggests you are holy, then this is what we are all suppose to do.

I need to be with folks who, if they are  hurting, can say, "I need some prayer because I'm really struggling."
I need to surround myself with folks whose life battles encourage me to not give up.
I need  a place where I can be me......warts and all....and will be accepted.
Such a place is what I believe God is trying to create in Vineyard ReCovery.
The Scripture we read.....
The messages we hear...
The worship that we share as we sing TO God....

Are all part of the inner working of God's Holy Spirit in each of us....
But the reality of that working is evidenced by our interaction with others.


VRC is a place where we don't have to hide from our past.
But we also don't have to let the past define who we are today.
We are learning new way to live in this salvation/relationship we now are experiencing in Christ.

We have done a spiritual about face, moving away from our old way of life to embrace this new one. I need to be with like minded people who are on the same journey.
I like what II Timothy 2:22 says...

"Run from anything that stimulates youthful lusts. Instead, pursue righteous living, faithfulness, love and peace. Enjoy the COMPANIONSHIP of those who call on the Lord with pure hearts.

Being a part of such a group makes me a better person.
Why?
Because, as the Proverbs verse states, "Iron Sharpens Iron".

Their life stories sharpen me to not quit or give up.
Hopefully my journey will produce the same results in others.
We sharpen each other through our interaction.

Yeah buddy....
I can't wait to be sharpened tonight...
It's going to be a good one.....


God on you....
mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...