Wednesday, July 12, 2017


"And a man shall leave his father and mother and is joined to his wife, and the two shall become as one...."

In the midst of all the darkness surrounding addiction there are those moments where things are set right.
When all the destruction of a life gone off the rails is put back together and set straight on a new course.

Yesterday was one of those moments.

The wedding of John and Tamara Powers.

Simple ceremony....
But as I stood there reciting the vows, I watched these two individuals look at each other with eyes that said way more than words ever could. They truly love each other.


I knew John from his time at Rapha many years ago.
When I met Tamara, I realized that she and I had a connection through my time at Celebrate Recovery in Centre.
So on this journey in sobriety and a new way of doing business in this old world, these two had been brought together. 


My prayer for the couple is that their love for God and each other would grow with every passing day.
This marriage thing is a blessing and, at the same time, something that has to be worked at daily. But the memories that are built from such effort are well worth it.

Father, I ask your blessings to be upon John and Tamara as they begin this new part of their life together. Be a voice of reason when storms come their way. Be a sure foundation for when life tries to keep them off balance. Be a light for them when times get dark. And fill them with Your joy, that they may be complete, whole and ready to follow where ever you lead....

I pray this in the name of my Lord and Savior...
Jesus Christ...
Amen

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...