Thursday, November 23, 2017

Bynum Thanksgiving 2017



Thanksgiving 2017....
Seems as though they come around with a greater frequency now days.
Not complaining...
Just saying....


As I've gotten older, holiday's such as Thanksgiving take on a greater significance to me. Oh, I'm not talking about all the hoop-la that goes into the celebration. To me, it's the little things that make this day wonderful. Yesterday my granddaughter, Ashley, came over to help with the preparations for our thanksgiving meal. The sounds that came from the kitchen were priceless as Vicki and Ashley tackled each recipe needed for our dinner. There was much laughter and activity as the two spent the afternoon together. See, that was the most important thing...not the prep work for the meal, but the simplicity of grand mother and grand daughter spending time together. Memories were made that will last way beyond yesterday.

At noon today, clan Bynum will pull their chairs up to the table to a feast that would shame the finest restaurants. We'll hold hands and go around the table saying what we are thankful for, then we will sing "Bless Be The Tie"...a Campbell family tradition that we've embraced in our own Thanksgiving. Plates will be heaped up, napkins will be put in place, silverware raised...and the race will be on. 

There will be much conversation...
Laughter....
Sharing of memories from the past...
I will sit there and take it all in, filled to the brim with thanksgiving that God has given me this incredible family. Josh and Heather will not be with us as they have gone to Ohio to spend Thanksgiving with Heather's family. But I'm pretty sure they will be going through the same traditions as we do here in Alabama. The menu may be a bit different but the feeling for family is still the same.


As day turns to night, we'll prepare for round two. My brother, Wayne, and his wife, Sue, will come to have pie and coffee. Of course when it comes to my brother, he'll also have some left overs from the noon meal. When we gather, the memory machine will kick in once more. Always look forward to being with them.

As the day closes out...
The dishes are washed and put away..
Whatever leftovers we had will be wrapped, stored and put away.
We will make our way to bed.
Totally worn out from all the activity, but nothing that a good nights sleep won't cure.
Once in bed, Vicki and I will talk about what all transpired today, an as we drift off to sleep, we will do so with thankful hearts.
God is good...

All the time...
Every day....


God on you....
mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...