Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Rest Easy Old Friend




There are verses in Scripture that seem quiet harsh and hard. When we read them, it's like getting hit in the face with a glass of ice cold water. We acknowledge the truth that the verses hold, we just don't like admitting that there is nothing we can do about them. Nothing in our own power, strength or ability that can change these verses.

Ecclesiastes 3:2 - A time to be born..............and a time to die.
We know that this is the reality of our time here on planet earth. The moment we come from our mother's womb the clock starts ticking.
We all are headed toward a finality, unless Jesus comes back to take His body home. We all are given a given number of days to live out. Hopefully during our time here, we make the most of them by turning will and life over to the care of God. Still the idea of moving toward death is much different that being born. One is view as the start, the other.....an ending. But such is not true. It is merely a truth that comes from God. 


As we move through this world....this life that has been given to us, we touch the lives of the people we come in contact with, and we are touched by the life of others. Sort of a give and take on a spiritual plain. This touching of lives either makes us better and points us to God, or we become cynical and skeptical.

I received a call today to inform me that Walt Grambling had died. Heart attack. Immediately as the reality of his passing hit me, I began to have all these memories of Walt. His wit and humor were what drew me to him. He had the driest sense of humor of anyone I know. Always up for a laugh, Walt understood the value of being grateful and not allowing gloom and doom to overtake him.  Don't get me wrong, like all of us, Walt had his demons that sought to take him into the darkness. But this morning, he no longer struggles. This morning Walt is free. As I've written in the past when others I know have died...."Today, he now knows the truth of what we only claim to believe."

I love you, and I will miss you....
Rest easy old friend.....

Psalm 116:15   
Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints.
Father, I ask that you would send Your Holy Spirit to Walt's family. That they may find comfort and solace in this time of grief.
In Jesus name...
Amen.


God on you...
mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...