Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Healing Needed


E.M. Bounds wrote that "Prayer was the currency of heaven." We should never doubt the power of prayer, or that it is true and real communication between us and God. I have struggled with prayer, often feeling like I am a miserable failure when it comes to praying. I think maybe that such thoughts might be from myself and not from God. I don't see myself as what some classify as a "prayer warrior", but at the same time, I do pray. And pray often I do. In fact, I have learned the secret of praying without ceasing that the apostle Paul wrote about. Such is an attitude of prayer that we are to carry with us through out the day. It is wonderful when we can pull aside into quietness and solitude to spend time in prayer. But the day has demands that must be met. So I pray all day. Short, sentence prayers. As thoughts come to my mind and my heart, I shoot them up to heaven. I also try to keep myself open to hearing God. After all, prayer is a two way conversation. We have seen something powerful, wonderful things happen when we pray....I mean really pray. So I need your help.

Charlie Pitts, who runs the Celebrate Recovery for New Seasons Assembly of God in Southside, sent me a text yesterday asking for prayer. His grand daughter, Elyse, was at the doctor. She'd been having some trouble and had gone for a check up. After getting the text, I began to pray asking for God to cover this situation and to heal and/or correct anything that might be found.

This morning around 4:15, I received another text. They have found a tumor on Elyse's brain and are planning on doing surgery today. God has given us an assignment. We are to pray for Elyse and for the family. Such news like this sometimes opens the door for fear to come into a family. So pray for God's Spirit to hedge them around and bring peace to them. Pray that God would remove this tumor from this child. We believe strongly in doctor's and medicine, but God ultimately is the healer.

Father....
We thank You that we can come to you with our prayers. More than that, We thank You that you hear them and move on them. So this morning, we lift Elyse, Jeremy and Shana to you. We ask you to bring healing to this young girl and to this family.

Father, I speak to that brain tumor right now, 5:05 a.m. and I say be removed from this young girls brain. I ask that you would heal and correct any damage that might have been caused by this tumor. We pray this, not with the notion that we possess any power of our own accord, but humbly acknowledging the power and authority You have given us to operate here on planet earth in Your kingdom. 


Thank You, Lord
I pray this in the name of Jesus....
Amen.


Let's keep this family covered with prayer as they move through this situation.
Thanks for being the body of Christ.


God on you...
mb

2 comments:

Amy B said...

Praying with you, Mike.

Greene Street Letters said...

Thanks Amy....I do love your new sign in the window at church. Looks good.

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...