Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Trust---Peace----Serenity



Psalm 20:7
Some trust in chariots, and some in horses. but we will remember the name of the Lord our God.

Trust....takes time to build....
Seconds to break....
And has to be restored and rebuilt.

Trust in someone is to rely on...believe in (no matter what)...cling too when everything is crumbling around you, and your heart says to run. 

We trust in each other but yet that trust gets broken sometimes.

We trust in our government, yet they abuse their power and authority for self-gain.
We trust in science to answer our problems, yet science is not reliable.
So who do we trust?

For me the answer is easy..........Jesus.
The Higher POWER that has opened a door to new life for me.
Notice I said "new" life...not an easy life.

He provides me with the necessary strength, instruction and vision to navigate day to day life, with all its storms and dangers.
As the big book of A.A. says...."God does for me what I could not do for myself.
Why even in the Serenity prayer, we are asking God to provide the things we need to make it just for today. We are petitioning Him to "do for us what we cannot do for ourselves.


God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change; 
courage to change the things I can; 
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time; 
enjoying one moment at a time; 
accepting hardships as the pathway to peace; 
taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it; 
trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will; 
that I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
forever in the next. 
Amen.

I'm asking God for peace/ serenity so I can hear His voice as He instructs me.
I'm asking Him for courage to face each day with the understanding and clarity of vision to see what needs changing in my life.........and then do it.

I'm am asking Him to help me live just for today....If I take care of this day then there will be another, should I still be here tomorrow.
In this new life, I am mindful that hardship and my acceptance of them IS the pathway to peace....real peace...His peace.
I realize that I am living in a fallen, sinful world.
As such my need for God is even more important.

Here's the biggie!!!
Trusting ( in Him and His ability) to make all things right (as He sees it,  not me) if I surrender to His will and reject my own stinking, thinking will.
Now that sounds like a plan to me.
Believe I'll follow it
Just for today.

God on you....
mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...