Saturday, December 11, 2021

UPDATE

 


I've been home since December 4th. As Paul McCartney would say..."Stuck inside these four walls....trapped inside forever." Well, maybe not the "forever part" but it has been an unusual experience. I tested positive for the virus that seems to be lurking in everyone's jam cabinet, or hiding under the front door mat.

I've been fairly healthy all my life, so this extended home confinement is out of the ordinary for me. As my wife has told others on several occasions since my confinement..."He doesn't know how to be sick." I consider that to be a good thing. That I'm not use to having to deal with different situations when sickness occurs. I guess I got my dad's genes in this matter.

Anyway, this situation has given me time to read, write, study and pray. It has also given me time to drink more water and liquids than I ever have, rallying under the battle cry of "Stay hydrated." More liquids means more trips to the bathroom. In turn, the old kidney's were getting a work out like they've never had before.

Here on Saturday, December 11th, I am gaining back my strength, yet realizing that I still have to guard myself against overdoing it and having a relapse. This has truly been an unusual start to the Christmas season for me. Having had this setback with the virus, we are going to end this year in an unusual fashion. When I say "we," I am referring to ReCovery Church.

Tonight: 7 p.m. / we'll be having our Saturday night meeting. My wife, Vicki, will be teaching, and there will be worship and ministry.

December 18th /  Will be our Saturday breakfast giveaway at the church. No meeting that night.

December 25th - Christmas Day /  We will be serving a "limited" breakfast that morning at the church, and hopefully provide some items that will help those in need.

January 1st - New Years Day /  We will have our regular breakfast giveaway @ the church.

Once we move into January, I will be posting the times for our night service. I appreciate your patience as we continue to push ahead with what we feel God has called us to.

Merry Christmas from Vicki and Michael

The Bynum's

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...