Wednesday, March 15, 2023

SINK HOLE? NO BIG DEAL---YEAH RIGHT!

 


Yesterday I had to run some errands and after finishing decided to take the back way home. Now I have driven this road more times than I can count. And I knew it was getting in bad shape, but what I saw next kind of caught me by surprise. 

I knew that the road was in dire need of repairing and probably repaving.  On this day the he road crews were out....cones every where....flashing lights....and signs telling me that it was one lane ahead.  As I drove on, I saw what was happening. It seemed that a sink hole had developed underneath the road due to bad water drainage. There was no support for the pavement, thus the sagging. Crews were hard at it trying to fill in the hole with material that would not wash away. After I got home, I began to think about this whole scenario as it relates to our spiritual life. 

It's easy to spot the attacks and encounters that happen when Satan (or some of his minions) come against us. We gear up and fight the good fight (hopefully). But what happens when we become so focused that we loose sight of the fact that there may be things in our life we have allowed in that are eroding our walk with Christ. Things that seem to be washing away our resolve. Things such as bitterness, or unforgiveness. How about jealousy, anger, resentment. All things can wear away at our life is we don't address them. Ephesians 4:27 tells us that we are "Not to give the devil a foothold (or a place where he can enter)." A foothold is the smallest of openings. Satan doesn't have to kick down the door, he simply needs an opening that have not closed, so that he can slide in and began his dirty work.

I can get so caught up in stuff that I forget to take an "inventory" of my own attitudes and behaviors. What's worse is that I can easily ascribe them to be "That's Just The Way I Am." This stuff, left unchecked and allowed to continue in a  'slow' trickle in our life will slowly wear away until we have a spiritual sink hole.

Don't let this happen to you. I know God got my attention with this example.

God on you...

michael b

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...