Thursday, July 10, 2008

Do Not Turn Your Face From Us O' Lord!


May I not bring shame to your Holy Name, Father.
May you not turn your face from me due to unconfessed sin or iniquity.
May I not forget the price you paid to ransom me from the fires of Hell.
May I not forget the call that comes to every believer who embraces the life of following Jesus.
May I not become cold or uncompassionate to those around me, but let me have the heart of Christ.
May I not let my heart grow cold or my ears dull that I cannot hear or feel your presence.
May my love be pure and found in you rather than the things of this world.
May my eyes see a higher vision that what the world offers. May I see the portals of heaven.
May I not become so proud that I cannot help my brother or sister in need.
May what I have become theirs if need dictates it.
May I not take for granted my next breath or my next heart beat but be thankful for all my days.
May I not forget to love as you love, O' Lord.
and....
May I never lose sight of your face.
May I glory in the cross of Christ.
May I weigh my life like the apostle Paul and count it all dung compared to the surpassing knowledge of knowing you, Jesus.
Thank you for this day....
mb

1 comment:

Bobby said...

That sounds like serious Christianity! Jesus please wake us up!

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...