Sunday, September 14, 2008

What A Present!

Sept. 13, 2008
Vicki and I made our way to Birmingham for a wedding.
Daniel and Morgan.
Daniel came through the program back in 2005, was an R.A. and has done exceptionally well since leaving.
Morgan is the sweetest of sweet girls you would ever want to meet. She and Daniel were best friends. Now what was that saying about girl/boy best friends? Oh yeah...sometimes they fall in love and get married.

Daniel had asked me at the beginning of the year if I would conduct the wedding service to which I replied, "are you kidding? Of course I would!" So there. Everything was set.
The thing I loved about this wedding is that everyone who came was not aware that this was going to happen. They thought they had been invited to a cook-out. SURPRISE!!!!

The wedding was held at the home of some friends that Daniel and Morgan go to church with (Jeff and Kathleen). IN fact the whole schpeel was taken care of by friends.
Caterer--a friend
Photographer---friend
Reception co-coordinator--friend.

Working in a recovery program, events like this wedding are a kind of payday.
An opportunity to see the result of God at work in two lives.
Two people who are grateful for God's presence in their relationship and grateful for the love they have for each other.

As I stood there during the ceremony, I looked around at the family and everyone who had gathered and there was such a joy and peace present.
After I pronounced them husband and wife, I whispered, "Thank you Father! You did real good!"

mb

1 comment:

Lane said...

This is a terrific example of recovery 'fruit'. Suppose that Daniel was 'still out using'...how radically different life (and death) would be. Awesome!

Lane

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...