Friday, January 2, 2009

Day 1

Genesis 1:1
In the beginning God......

God began the creative process, day 1.
He took a chaotic creation and spoke order into it.
It didn't look orderly or with much purpose, but isn't that the way it is with God?
The things we see we try and rationalize and bring some semblance of order, only to discover that we cannot control or create.
Our lives become unmanageable and at the right point in the whole mess and chaos we have created, we cry out to God and He speaks order to us.
To our minds,
Our hearts,
Our spirits,
and......................
our flesh.
He puts right that which we cannot.
As the AA Big Book says, 'God is able to do for us the very things we could not do for ourselves."
So here on January 2nd........
With an entire year stretched out before us, what do we see?
We chaos.
We see trouble.
We see strife.
We see the effects of sin coupled with a fallen creation.
Once more God will speak into existence the very things He desires to come forth and bring order to this mess.
I simply cooperate with Him as He works through me, in me and around me.
Thank you Lord that you are greater than any chaos I may see or experience.
You alone possess the words of Life, so I will follow.
Blessed be the name of the Lord.

God on you........
mb

1 comment:

Bobby said...

I'm glad God is sovereign.

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...