Monday, January 19, 2009

Monday!

Cloudy.
Overcast.
Just my kind of day.
I don't know why I thrive on dark, dreary days, but I do.
I have accomplished a lot today by getting my collective teachings up for the week.

The weekend was very God.
At our meeting Saturday night, we had a time of worship that was in the Spirit. We weren't singing the words to the song we were playing, we were just letting God speak through us.
The entire room was thick with God's presence as we sang and waited on Him.
Some ask me afterwards if I thought that everything that happened or was exhibited by the people present was from God. "No." Some people are hungry for God and don't really understand what it means to worship, so they simply do what they think they should do.
All that means is that I haven't done a very good job teaching what worship is and how God responds to hungry hearts that want to meet with Him.
The ministry time that we usually have at the end of our meetings now finds itself sprinkled through out the meeting. Sometimes praying for people at the beginning of the meetings or during the middle of a song, we simply want to remain open to where God is leading.

I firmly believe now, more than ever, is the time to be aggressive in teaching, praying and ministering to people. Remember that the aggressiveness comes from leading by Holy Spirit and is not a fleshly pursuit we are to undertake.
Prayer is more important today than every before.
Prayer for understanding of what God's will is for us as individuals and as members of a community of believer's.
To freely give away what has been given to us.
God on you...........
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...