Friday, May 22, 2009

Heart Beat

Short night last night.
Left Rapha at 10 p.m. and didn't get into bed until after 11.
Vicki let me sleep this morning while she made the coffee.
I'm usually the early riser who prepares the Mocha Java for the ladies of the house.

I am currently reading THE NARRATED BIBLE "In Chronological Order".
What that basically boils down to is that all the scripture has been placed in order as to God's plan for the ages. I'm reading it like a novel in order to simply better understand what fits where. You know if you read in Isaiah something that happens in I Chronicles and Ezra (just an example...don't go looking for something) it is sometimes hard in your mind to place it within the entire scope of the Bible. This chronological version helps to do that. Kind of help make sense of all the different kings who ruled Israel.

Friday is here already and another meeting to prepare for.
I have some of the worship music ready but still not finished.
Message? Not sure.
I've been reading a lot about God's call for Israel to return to Him from their sin.
I have done a lot of searching this week to see what is in me.
I don't think we ever outgrow this behavior of searching our hearts.
It's kind of like PEZ candy.
You pull the head back on the PEZ dispenser and a piece of candy pops out. When you take it, another piece moves into place. I think that this is way it is with God. As I surrender things (behaviors and attitudes a.k.a. sin) to Him, as he removes it, another is revealed. I am grateful that he hasn't stopped and continues to work in me.

Vicki is off today, but she has a gazillion errands to run so I pray that she get some time for herself. We will be together tonight and hopefully go out to eat. She is my love and I am grateful for every day God gives us together.
That's about it from here at Rapha....
Thanks for reading the blog and tell your friends about us....
Until next posting.....
Hasta Lasagna!
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...