Thursday, May 28, 2009

Thirst-Day

Rain today.
Weatherman says that this is the last round and we should be drying out for the weekend. That is good news.
My back yard resembles a marshy, wetlands. I fully expect to see members of the EPA sorting around in the yard ready to proclaim that the Federal Government is going to set aside the yard as a wildlife preserve.
Speaking of wildlife preserve. We are up to our ears in baby ducks. We have 29 new ones with more on the way. I love watching them chase after their mother, all waddling and running trying to keep up. Of course in the back of my mind, I know that danger lurks at every turn. Hawks, turtles, coyotes and other such varmint would love nothing better than a tender young duck for a meal. I guess there is something spiritual here as we are like those little ducks. We run after Jesus, realizing that He is our refuge and hiding place. If we stray away from Him, we place ourselves in danger of being destroyed by an enemy who does not have our best interest at heart.
Psalm 91:4-6
He shall cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you shall take refuge; His truth shall be your shield and buckler. You shall not be afraid of the terror by night, Nor of the arrow that flies by day, nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness, nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.
Trust in God.
Draw near to Him with your mind and your heart. Do that and your body will follow.
Commit your ways to Him and then find the peace needed to make it through today.
Give thanks.

God on you.......
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...