Sunday, May 10, 2009

To My Wife And Mother Of My Children

It has been a blessing and a true gift from God to watch my wife over the years as she has changed through it all. Giving birth to our first son, Chad, when she was twenty. Fearful about whether or not she could be a good mother. Well sweetheart, I think you passed that test with flying colors. Look at our two sons. Both established in their work. Both are godly men who have married godly wives. I think you did pretty good. So on this day, I celebrate your eternal contribution to the two men we call sons. You did good Vic!

Proverbs 31:10-11, 26-31
An excellent wife, who can find? For her worth is far above jewels. The heart of her husband trusts in her, and he will have no lack of gain. She opens her mouth in wisdom, and the teachings of kindness is on her tongue. She looks well to the ways for her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children rise up and bless her; Her husband also, and he praises her, saying, "Many daughters have done nobly, but you excel them all. Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the LORD, she shall be praised. Give her the product of her hands and let her works praise her in the gates.

1 comment:

Bobby said...

Thank God for good mothers! God bless y'all.

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...