Friday, February 12, 2010

LOOK INTO MY Eyes!


It is so easy to buy into what the world deems right and wrong.
It is so easy to simply surrender and enjoy the fruits of this world, here...now...today.
It is so easy to slip on the glasses and take a seat with everyone else
and be fed the message of this world.
We become mesmerized and hyp-NO-tized and de-SENSE-i-tized.
In other words, we move far away, even more than we were, from who God created us to be.
We have trouble living here in this age, this time, because what passes for truth runs contrary to what the Word of God says.
When I look around for those I deemed to be holy, I see angry people telling me what I should and should not do.
Putting up hoops and rails for me to jump over to get to God.
They seem to fall more on the side of what not to do rather than what I should be
doing.
Seems to me that the church (little "c" not big "C") spends a lot of time telling people what they are against
rather than what they are for.
Galatians 6:14 reads:
As for me, God forbid that I should boast about anything except the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ. Because of that cross, my interest in the world died long ago, and the world's interest in me is also long dead.
As I begin this new relationship I have with Jesus, my heart is turned to Him.
What pleases Him.
What He expects of me.
What He is saying to me through His Word.
My own selfish ambitions and desires are cast onto the garbage heap and my
focus becomes His plans for me.
Now don't be confused and think that everyone who is saved runs out to be missionaries or
pastors or teachers.
No!
God often calls you to stay in the job you currently are holding
or in the town you currently are living in.
Your part is to seek out His kingdom rule in your life and then do it.
Pray for the sick.
Take care of the poor.....feed them and help them.
Visit those in jail and in prison (if you can't do it in person, seen letters and cards)
Deal with the demonic stuff that comes over people and influences them through spiritual darkness and sin.
Just don't drink the world's kool-aid or buy their message of
"eat...drink...and be merry for tomorrow you die."
With Jesus in your life, there is no tomorrow's...
There is just eternity with Him.
Cool..huh?
God on you.......
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...