Friday, February 5, 2010

Just A Thought Before The Weekend

I don't know about you, but sometimes situations and circumstances pile up and seem to overwhelm me. It is real easy to fall into a "pity party" and forget our place or position in the relationship we have with Jesus. This puts us in a place, emotionally and spiritually, where the devil (Yes, Virginia, there is a devil) can come and reek grief on us.

If I were to ask you how holy you felt you were using a scale of 1% to 100%, most would say, "I don't feel holy at all." Or "Maybe 10% holy." We derive these numbers by taking a look at ourselves, and if the truth be known, it really isn't a true look at ourselves as much as it is a look at what we have done in our past. We allow our past deeds and mess-ups to define who we are and how we feel. Truth is, if you are saved, you are 100% holy, only because God's holiness has been imputed or credited or placed on you.

We read in Hebrews 10:14 -- For by the one offering he perfected forever all those whom he is making holy. The word "perfected" means to be made complete, to have finished, to consummate (in this case, God's spirit covering and filling us at the point of our salvation, completes and brings us into right standing or relationship with God). Perfection in God's eyes...that is how he sees me. Now, he is working on my performance (Or behavior and attitude). He is taking my character defects and changing them as I cooperate with his Holy Spirit at work in me. The moment I receive ---I am perfected in his sight. God, through the work of the Holy Spirit, works on my performance.

I am posting below a declaration that we say after every class here at Rapha. We require the men to memorize and say it daily.
Because of Christ's redemption
I am a new creation of infinite worth
I am deeply loved
I am fully pleasing
I am completely forgiven
I am totally accepted by God
I am absolutely complete in Christ
When my performance reflects my new identity in Christ
that reflection is dynamically unique.
There has never been another person like me
in the history of mankind
nor will there ever be
God has made me an original
one of a kind, a special person
And so are you!
God on you........
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...