Saturday, May 22, 2010

Saturday...Better Wear Your Hatter Day.

Saturday...
Two cups of coffee and a doughnut.
Talking with my wife.
Off to Rapha.
The chapel is set for tonight's service.
Once again, I find myself in a "Oh God...Oh God...Oh God!" mode.
I have a partial message with a whole bunch of pieces floating around in my brain that may fit.
We will see.
The one thing I have discovered after years of preparing messages....
Hold it all loose and allow the Holy Spirit to take over at any time.
Be open to what you are hearing, even if you're not sure that it is God or you.
I usually think to myself, "O.K. God...I'm gonna jump out there with what I am hearing so if this isn't you, let if fall harmlessly."


Genesis 1:20 (yes, I'm still stuck there!)
And God said, let the waters bring forth abundantly.....
So simple yet so profound.
God is an abundant God.
When he blesses he does so completely.
We never ever receive a half hearted effort from God.
Shouldn't such a behavior on His part cause me to look at how I approach Him?
DO I do the same for Him?
Do I recklessly abandon myself into His hands.
To live my life in a total giving to Him?
My self..
My time....
My money (ouch!)
I want to be an abundant follower of Jesus.
To lavish on others what has been given to me.


I want to be like Peter in Acts Chapter 3, when he encountered the crippled man at the entrance to the temple.
Expecting to receive some money from them, the man listened as Peter said these incredible words. "Silver and gold I do not have, but what I do have I give to you...in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk".
Wow! The name of Jesus is worth more than anything this world has to offer.
I want to be extravagant with the name of Jesus.
I want to give it away to those who are hurting.
I want to give it away to those who have lost hope.
I want to give it away to those who are alone.
This could be a really good day.
Am I going to be tight fisted and hold everything close?
Or am I going to open my hands, my heart and my spirit and give away everything God has provided for me?

God on you........
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...