Thursday, August 12, 2010

Do We Value It?

I Samuel 3:1
"....the word of the LORD was precious in those days, there was no open vision."

Do we value the word of God today?
I know that we sell tons of Bibles in this country.

This version and that version...
Camo Bibles...
Leather Bibles....
Paperback Bibles....
Children Bibles......
But do we consider it to be precious?
I'm kind of crazy in that I believe that the Bible is a practical book for practical living in an unpractical world.
I do not discount people who say, "God spoke to me and told me."
God has spoken to me and guided me over the years.
But I do discount people who shun the Word of God at the expense of "hearing".
I do not think you can live like that, nor do I believe that the Father wants you too.

I'm in a position where I get to study everyday.
I have between 3 and 4 hours everyday and it is glorious.
There is not a day that goes by that God does not reveal himself in the Word.
I get answers to prayer through my study.
I hear conversations in my Spirit as Paul prays or King David is downcast and on the run from Saul.
I am strengthened as Moses leads the people forward into the midst of the Red Sea.
Turning to the New Testament and finding those words in RED bring peace and assurance to my soul.
Those RED words being the words of Christ. I don't know who decided to make the RED, but everytime I see them, I am reminded of the price Jesus paid for my salvation....His blood.
John Wimber, founder of the Association of Vineyard Churches, use to say that the bread was in the RED . He believed that you could spend a couple of years just studying the words of Jesus.

If you are new to reading the Bible, begin in the book of John in the New Testament.
"In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God."
Incredible passage that bridges the gap of Father and Son in the Godhead.
Jesus, the express representation of the Father.
Given to us so that we might understand the Father.
Man, you gotta love this book!

Spend time in the Word today.
Ask God to give you a hunger for it if you find it difficult to actually sit down and read.
Get you a copy of an Audio Bible and keep it playing as you drive or work around the house.
Get the word inside of you.

God on you.....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...