Friday, August 13, 2010

Graham Ord "To You O Lord" - www.worshipcafe.net

Graham Ord...playing one of my favorite worship songs..."To You O' Lord".

Thanks to everyone at the Vineyard who taught me how to worship back on July 15, 1991. I didn't fully understand what I was seeing that Sunday night as the music started, but I knew that I had never seen anything like it before. The people there that night didn't just sing the words, they lived them. They breathed them. They danced them. They gave of themselves completely during the worship time.
Rick Lynn, Dianne Johnson, Kenny Young, Debbie Handy, Nori Kelley, Brook Finlayson.....All of you stretched me during this time, in what I believed and didn't believe to be true concerning worship.

Lot of music under the bridge.
Lot of time spent listening and trying to find the Spirit and follow Him.
Those were good days, but they are not the high-water mark I use for worship.
I believe that the best days lie ahead. As the world grows darker and darker spiritually, the light and fire of worship will burn brighter and brighter and there will be those unfortunate souls wandering in the darkness who will be drawn to the light. Praise God!

Until Tomorrow..
God on you......

mb

3 comments:

Bobby said...

Thanks for posting this. I like Graham's music. Did you ever hear his Blues Cd?

Greene Street Letters said...

Yes I have heard it, but only because you brought it by the Vineyard one day and let me borrow it. I still have it but haven't listened to it in a while. Now I'll have to find it and revisit.
Thanks Bobby

Bobby said...

I remember that!

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...