Monday, August 16, 2010

My Desire

When I read the Psalms, I find myself at odds with my own life.
I read King David's words that were written during the hardest, darkest times of his life.
Anointed to be King, on the run for his life from Saul, David wrote such piercing words as.....
"The Lord is my light and my salvation. Whom shall I fear? The is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?

You see, this is how I want my life to be. I do not want to be a casual Christian that uses the name of God around like a magic talisman to get what I want out of life.
I know that the days are getting darker spiritually.
I know that the economy has gone South and does not look promising.
I see the governments and rulers of this world all jockeying for position in some weird global game of chess.
Yet, in the midst of it all, I see the hand of God at work.
It is from this place that I want to truly trust Him.
Trust Him for something greater than the salvation of a lifestyle.
"Oh God, don't let me loose the comfort that I have and the material things you have surrounded me with!" That is not the prayer I want to pray. That is a prayer from my flesh. That is where the battle is.
I do not want to be an ungrateful believer.
I want to walk in faith.
I want my very being to resonate with the truth that God is who He says He is and that His plans are yes and amen!
They are not held captive by any government or military.
God answers to no dictator or president.
His plans are not swayed and held captive by public opinion.
He is the living Almighty God who rules the heavens and the earth.

David writes in Psalm 27 the desire of my heart today.
One thing I have desired of the LORD, that will I seek after, that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD and to enquire in his temple.
The wonderful part in these verses is that things have changed.
In King David's day, if you wanted to converse or be in God's presence, you had to physically go to the Temple. Today, those who are true believers are the temple. The Spirit of God resides inside of me. I can't explain the "how to's" of this but I know it to be true.

I want to find gratitude to God in every minute of every day.
I want to truly give a praise offering with my lips continually through the day.
Let Him guide you as you walk through your circumstances and situations today.
Don't be led by your emotions or by what you see.
Let God's Spirit and your faith in God's ability be the voice you listen to.

God on you........
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...