Thursday, August 19, 2010

Time Enough At Last

Someday I will be able to say that phrase....."time enough at last."
It may not happen until I stand on the other side of eternity. Standing in the presence of the Lord.
Time is not a commodity that we have a huge supply of.
Time is running out.
Time is not my friend, nor does it wish to be.
Time is the measurement created by God in which his plans for this planet unfold. I have to find where God wants me to fit in this kingdom plan that is ever on going.

Paul has an interesting take on time and the way his life fits within the boundaries of birth and death.
Philippians 1:20-23 -  For I fully expect and hope that I will never be ashamed, but that I will continue to be bold for Christ, as I have been in the past. And I trust that my life will bring honor to Christ, whether I love or die. For to me, living means living for Christ, and dying is even better. But if I live, I can do more fruitful work for Christ. So I really don't know which is better. I'm torn between two desires. I long to go and be with Christ, which would be far better for me. But for your sakes, it is better that I continue to live.

Paul was wanting to be a little selfish and say, "Hey, I wouldn't really mind dying right now. It's hard here. It's a very dark place I'm walking in." But Paul saw a greater good. Paul had a Gethsemane moment just as Jesus did....."Here is what I want Father, but not my will....yours! Whenever my vision begins to turn inward and I find myself in a selfish mood, I know that this is not God's will. When the Kingdom of God, in my eyes, is about what happens to me. That is not God. I want God and His will to be center. My focus should be "How does my life fit into the Kingdom of God ,"not "How does the Kingdom of God fit into my life."

Paul goes on to write in verse 25 - Knowing this, I am convinced that I will remain alive so I can continue to help all of you grow and experience the joy of your faith.  Paul saw himself simply as an instrument used by God for the greater good of mankind. Today, the view seems to be a selfish, petty perception....."God love me...God wants to bless me....I am special....I'm one of the King's kids...I want a blessing." Does God want to bless me? Yes. Does God love me? Yes. But it is time to move out from the nursery. It is time to grow and take a rightful place in the kingdom of God.
Get into the Word of God and began letting is soak down in you.
Stay in touch and commune with God through His Holy Spirit.
Ask God to teach you to pray and then do so.
Love the ones no one loves.
Visit the sick and pray for them.
In other words.....be the body of Christ today.

God on you........
mb

1 comment:

Bobby said...

"But it is time to move out from the nursery." That sums it up! The more time I spend outside the nursery, the better I can see the Kingdom.

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...