Saturday, November 13, 2010

One Of A Kind

Genesis 7:9
This is the history of Noah and his family. Noah was a righteous man, the only blameless man living on earth at the time. He consistently followed God's will and enjoyed a close relationship with Him.

The more I read this verse, the more amazed I am.
The more I read this verse, the more ashamed I am.
The more I read this verse, the  more I ask "How?"
How did Noah live a life that was blameless in the midst of humanity that was marred and perverse?
Of course the easy answer is found in the verse itself.
"He consistently followed God's will...."
"He consistently enjoyed a close relationship with God."

In other words, Noah was not distracted (I am guessing at this) by the lifestyle of those around him.
I am probably safe to say that Mr. Noah and his family did not get many invitations to parties or get togethers.
"You aren't going to invite that Noah are you? He's such a wet blanket, never wants to have any fun."
Noah, as best I can read, did not cut himself off from the world either.

It was Noah's faith that caused Him to act on God's word.
He obeyed God who warned him about something that had never happened before.
It was Noah's faith, when it manifested in the building of the ark, that condemned the rest of the world.
Without the benefit of a Bible...
Without Christian TV or radio....
Without even a church or meeting....
Noah turned his back on the world to follow God.
Would we have fared better had we been Noah?
Would we have listened to God's directions and without fail carried them out?

Genesis 6:22 and Genesis 7:5-- Noah did everything exactly as God had commanded him.
Noah did not take short cuts.
Noah did not try to improve on what God showed him.
Noah simply walked it out.
Oh that I would live like this, instead of trying to interject my own thoughts and plans into God's plans.
He really doesn't need my help.
I think I'll study some more on Noah and try to live my life doing exactly what God shows me to do.
What's the worst that could happen...
I wind up building a boat......

God on you.....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...