Tuesday, November 23, 2010

David's Song of Praise

David, a man whose passions took him up and down the emotional scale, now writes a song about the faithfulness of God. David realizes his own frailty, even as a king, and knows that salvation comes in the admission of his need for God.

II Samuel 22 --
The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my savior.
My God is my rock, in whom I find protection.
He is my shield, the strength of my salvation, and my stronghold.
My high tower, my savior, the one who saves me from violence.


I will call on the LORD, who is worthy of praise, for he saves me from my enemies.
The waves of death surround me.
The floods of destruction swept over me.
The grave wrapped its ropes around me and death itself stared me in the face.

But in my distress I cried out to the LORD.
Yes, I called to my God for help.

He heard me from his sanctuary. My cry reached his ears.

The the earth quaked and trembled. The foundations of the heavens shook.
They quaked because of his anger.
Smoke poured from his nostrils.
Fierce flames leaped from his mouth

glowing coals flamed forth from him.
He opened the heavens and came down.

What an incredible picture of God's answer to David's cry.
Why do we not believe that God will act on our behalf when we acknowledge and embrace our weakness and cry out like David?
The God who came to David is the same God who sits in power and majesty today.
The same God who desires to have an ongoing, personal, up close-let's-talk-relationship with you and me.
Right now, right here, today!

I'm not smart enough to explain how this relationship works.
I don't have language for every thing that happens to me and my family that I know has come from the hand of God.
I JUST BELIEVE!
I'm just crazy enough to believe that God is who he says he is and that he will do what he says he will do.
That is the truth I have operated by and from since 1993 and it has served me well.
It has brought direction to my life when I had none.
It has given me daily encouragement to not quit or give up even though my mind is screaming for me to give up.

Today is the day to reach out to God.
He is longing and waiting to be with you and talk to you.
How cool is that?
God on you....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...