Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Step # 12

As we enter into December, we will be finishing up a complete years teaching on the twelve steps. You can find all the messages in the podcast section of this blog. Please take the time to listen if you can. I confess that there isn't any eye-opening-blow-your-socks-off insight, but plenty of teaching that will help to focus you on your journey.

Step # 12
Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to others and to practice these principles in all our affairs.

Your life.....
My life.....
Is the message. The message of what God has brought forth out of the destruction of our self-will and self-rule. God cleans up our mess. God empowers us to move forward and in the process of this forward movement, we tell our story. Don't ever discount the story God has created in you as you have worked these steps and fell into relationship with Him. Don't ever discount the impact what has happened to you on the lives of others who are struggling with addiction.
What I have found is that people are hungry to know that what we have found in God is real. That it isn't about church or religious activities or dry, dead Bible studies, but a relationship with the real-deal God that is ever changing. People are hungry for something real. We have that "something" to offer them.

Mark 16:15
And then he told them, "Go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone, everywhere."

That is what I try to do daily.
Share with others the hope that I have found in God.
That is the purpose of this blog.
It isn't about great theology...there are others better than me at teaching that.
It isn't about great doctrine....there are others more knowledgeable than me.
It is about a simple truth.
I was blind, but now I see.
I was lost, but now I am found.
It is the grace of God that has saved me.
It is the faith that burns in my heart that led me to Jesus, through a call by His Holy Spirit.
Because of these things....
I have to tell my story.
I pray that you come to know Jesus.

God on you.....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...