Friday, December 31, 2010

Exit 2010 -- Enter 2011


It is the last Friday of the week......
It is the last Friday of the month....
It is the last Friday of the years.....
2010 came in fast and kept pace as the days flew by.
Here on the last day of this year, I have to ask myself, "Have I grown in God this year?"
Have I really changed as God has worked in me?
I know that I have had some major struggles this year.
Rapha was sold to new owners. That brought change and restructure (something I'm not very good with).
God has rekindled my love for those in recovery as I was approaching burnout.
My family has grown even closer together with the move of my youngest son and his wife to Georgia. We see each other a lot more than we did in the past. Being closer has allowed us to spend more time together as a family.

Our worship team here at Rapha has grown closer spiritually, which has allowed us to play with even more confidence in  following the Holy Spirit during our worship times on Saturday night.
Musically I don't think we'll ever be considered professional. But Spiritually I think we are finding our way into the presence of God.

There was  lot of death in 2010 associated with addiction.
Seems as though for whatever reason, there was just more of it this year.
Not just death, but violent death.
Many families entered into the holiday season with much grief and sadness over the loss of a loved one.
But in the midst of all the darkness and sadness, Jesus was there offering hope and peace. I am comforted by that.

2010 was another year where we saw many come to be saved.
That is what keeps me going in all of this darkness.
That one person be brought under the conviction of the Holy Spirit and come to Jesus for salvation.
We did many baptisms in the creek during the spring and summer months. I don't know how many times I have climbed up and down that creek bank, but I never tire of baptizing someone who has been saved.

2010 has seen my wife grow stronger in her commitment to God and to the call to be here at Rapha.
She truly is the spiritual mother to all the men who come through here.
Her teaching on money management and God's purposes with money has set many a man on the right path of doing the right thing with their income. Thanks for all you do Vicki!

My hope for 2011?
Matthew 11:28 -  Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.

Happy New Year.....
God on you.....
mb

Oh yeah....I will be speaking tonight at Celebrate Recovery in Centre, Alabama. Meeting kicks off at 6:15 p.m.
And...there has been a change of plans with the Rapha Meeting. We will be meeting tomorrow night (1/1/11) at 7 p.m. here on the Rapha compound.

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...