Saturday, December 11, 2010

John Piper - Why Christmas?



Light years apart is the distance between the celebration of Christmas by the world and by the body of Christ.
One places emphasis on feeding the flesh...
The other on worshipping the coming of Messiah.
One doesn't even like using the word "Christmas".....
it seeks to diminish the name under the guise of tolerance.
Christmas is.....
The world makes a buck (dollar) on Christmas....
You aren't really in the Christmas spirit unless you are spending money you don't have, buying presents you can't afford, for people you don't really like.
Merry Christmas.

Am I the Grinch?
DO I look like Ebenezer Scrooge?
I don't think so.
No one loves this time of year more than me.
But Christmas IS the celebration of the birth of Jesus.
It is a time for family....
and reading the Christmas story to the grandchildren.
It is communion at 5:00 p.m. on Christmas eve.
It is a focus to what transpired years ago in the tiny town of Bethlehem.
A birth that was unlike any other.
A child was born who is Christ the Lord.
From the manger to the cross...
From the cross to the tomb....
From the tomb to the right hand of God the Father......
Merry Christmas!!!!

God on you....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...