Friday, July 15, 2011

Call To War



I truly appreciate the number of emails and calls concerning the last post of this blog to join in with prayer for people who are truly hurting.
I know that sometimes people use exaggeration to try and drive home a point and rally people around a cause. I really don't want to come from that place or try and stir you emotionally to join in with us as we pray for those who are struggling
. I want you to be stirred by God's Holy Spirit that you would see the need for such a prayer group to exist. Part of our attitude in this time of prayer is that we rest in the knowledge of God's care for ourselves, and we begin to reach out and pray on behalf of those people who may not believe. People who may just be beat down by life and the devil and have no strength to pray. People who may have bought into the lie that their prayers are not powerful and that God does not hear them when they pray.

James 5:16 reads: Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.
Did you catch that? A righteous man or woman. You may be saying, "Well, I don't consider myself righteous. I am mess." To which I would reply, "Your probably right...you aren't righteous. But it isn't your righteousness it's talking about. It the righteousness of God, given to every believer."
We bask in the glory of His righteousness.
We move in the power of His kingdom and Holy Spirit.
It is the Holy Spirit in me that takes my prayers into the throne room of God and presents them to Jesus. Jesus, in turn, intercedes on my behalf to the Father. The Father then acts on what is prayed, according to His will for my life.

Psalm 5:1-3 reads: Give ear to my words, O Lord. Consider my sighing. Listen to my cry for help my King and my God, for to you I pray. In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice. In the morning I lay my requests (prayers) before you and wait in expectation.
I love this.
Pray when? In the morning and, as Paul wrote, we are too pray without ceasing. How do you pray without ever stopping? You carry around an attitude of prayer and at every turn offer up what I refer to as sentence prayers. Short...to the point...prayers. I do this all day long. We see in Psalm 5 something else we need to be aware of. David writes, "I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation."
Expectation! We expect God to answer our prayers. We depend on God to answer our prayers. We expect to "see" God move on what we have prayed. I offer my prayers and then I go through my day in expectation. How may times have I thrown up a hurried prayer and then moved on, forgetting what I have prayed? I sometimes feel like the biggest goo-bear (that if French for goober) to ever have come down the pike.

Life here on this side of heaven is a war. Spiritual war.
We have an enemy and his desire to steal from us, kill us, and destroy anything that would come into our life and benefit us.
We don't get to decide whether or not we want to be involved in this spiritual warfare. It comes with the territory when you are saved. The great part is that God wants to teach you how live your life in the midst of this warfare.

Should you need prayer yourself or for someone else, please Email me at rapha7@bellsouth.net.
Now is the time for God's people to come together and pray.

More later....
Until next time...
God on you....
mb

2 comments:

Bobby said...

The enemy is trying to keep God's people distracted and focused on ourselves. This call to intercessory prayer is much needed. Thanks Mike.

Greene Street Letters said...

For lack of a better term, something happened in the heavenlies this past weekend. I can only tell you that there has been an increase of both illumination from God and attacks from the enemy. Vicki and I have been blown away by what we are being shown in God's Word.
Thanks, Bobby..
mb

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...