Saturday, July 2, 2011

Can't Sleep

Woke up 1:49 a.m.
Can't sleep.
Turned on television.
Turned off television.
Can't sleep.
Sick.
Congested.
Sore throat.
Not enough to "whine and cry" about.
Just enough to rob me of sleep.
So now that I'm up....
What's next?

Today is visitation at Rapha. It is one of my most favorite times there.
I get to watch family and clients interact.
Some are rebuilding relationships that were once thought to be beyond repair.
Daddy's will chase their kids all over the compound.
Laughter and giggles will be a'plenty today.

Tonight is our weekly service.
Teaching tonight on "FEAR AND FAITH."
In the life of someone overcoming addiction, fear is huge.
Fear of the unknown is one of the many stumbling blocks that stand in the way of people and their recovery.
Fear causes us to look inward.
Fear keeps us from moving forward.

Psalm 27
V1.-
The LORD is my light and my salvation...so why should I be afraid?The Lord protects me from danger....so why should I tremble?

V2.-
When evil people come to destroy me, when my enemies and foes attack me, they will stumble and fall.

V.3 -
Though a mighty army surround me, my heart will know no fear. Even if they attack me, I remain confident.

V.4 -
The one thing I ask of the Lord... the thing I seek most--- is to live in the house of the Lord all the days of my life. Delighting in the Lord's perfections and meditating in His Temple.

Learning to depend on and trust in God is what my heart longs for.
To not be swamped when "life" come in like a flood.
To be a good steward of what has been trusted to me by God.
To love as He loves.
To speak only what He desires me to say.
To go only where He directs me to.
To not fear tomorrow but cling fast to today and use it wisely for His kingdom.
To grow up more today. I want to grow up before I grow older.
To never loose my gratitude for what God has done to me.
To never be so arrogant that I cannot ask forgiveness from someone I have wronged.
To see myself simply as God sees me.
To never stop telling "the story" of Jesus.
To recognize and bless all that God is doing.

I hope you have a great weekend and a happy Fourth of July!

God on you....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...