Tuesday, June 26, 2012

God Is In The House


Psalm 24:10
Who is the King of glory? The Lord Almighty---
He is the king of glory.

I have been going back over in my mind the events of the past week. Why? I'm not sure, except to say that sometimes the day to day grinds on a person so much that we don't see God's hand at work around us. So for the past few days, I've kind of done a review and, as Gomer Pyle use to say...."Golly! Shazam!" God has been revealing himself all around me.

Incident # 1 -
A former client calls and asks for prayer. He is going through a problem that is connected to a business deal. God put him in this job when he left Rapha. The position he held taught him what humility was truly all about. This job forged and changed the character of this man and strengthened him in his recovery. Now in the process of buying the business, a snag occurred which threatened to derail the entire process. He asked me, "What should I do?" my advice....now is the time to trust God. "Did God lead you to this job? Did God put you in this position with the promise that if you did all the little things....did them and be faithful in them, then you would be offered the business?" He answered, "Yes." My reply to him was to wait, pray and follow whatever God instructs you to do. This was so outside the scope of how this man used to operate. In the past, he would have been all up in the problem, running around trying to make something happen. Now, here he was willing to do what God wanted, so he waited. He prayed. He waited. God answered. The problem miraculously corrected itself with no help from anyone. Yeah! Right. I know that the hand of God had been at work and that this was all part of the next thing God had called this man to. The man was rewarded for obeying God and not reverting back to his old way of doing things. Who is the King of glory? The Lord Almighty...He is the king of glory.

Incident # 2 -
A client has started a new job. He gets an abscess on his knee that brings swelling and pain to the point he can hardly walk. Client starts to get discouraged because he doesn't want to miss work. He feels like his boss has given him this job as a trial to see if he can handle the work load, and he doesn't want to have to miss work because of this physical problem. The young man comes to our Tuesday night Bible Study. I gather us some folks and ask him if we can pray for his knee. He agrees. We begin praying very simple prayers for his healing.
We speak to the knee saying...."Be healed." Sounds weird, but you know when I read Scripture I see Jesus praying these very short prayers for people's healing. Jesus would pray..."Be healed........Get up.........Come forth........Open your eyes"......His prayers were to the point. Now I am fully aware that I possess no power to heal anyone. But what I am is a conduit for God to work through. Besides, what's the worst that could happen? The guy doesn't get healed and he struggles physically with this knee. What's the best that could happen? He gets healed. His faith is strengthened because he has had an encounter with the living God. The God of the Bible is no longer just words on a page but now has become a reality in this mans life. Guess what? God healed him. The next morning when he got up, the swelling was gone. The pain was gone and he was able to go to work. Who is the King of glory? The Lord Almighty....He is the king of glory.


Incident #3
A friend of mine has an opportunity to advance in his work. Everyone around him is telling him how he would be perfect to fill a position that will be available  in the near future. Problem is this new position would require him to go back to school to get his masters degree. My friend has a history of things in his life not coming easy to him. He has had to struggle and fight for everything he has accomplished, and he has accomplished a lot. My friend has demonstrated his love for God and for his family by always seeing things through to the end. I remember once, during a phone conversation, that my friend asked me, "When is it going to be my time to receive with everything being a battle?" I told him that maybe this was God's way of keeping him focused on trusting God. But you know, sometimes the toll of battling like that....always struggling....takes a toll on a person. My friend wanted this new position, but the voices that whisper in his mind (you know the ones I'm talking about..the ones that accuse and demean you) kept telling him that he was too old for this. It would be to hard. He could not pass the entrance exam to get his Masters. But, as he has always done, my friend pushed on even though the voices told him he was foolish to even try. We prayed for him yesterday as he was taking a pre-exam test to give him an understanding of where he stood in the whole process. We prayed for God to silence those voices that accuse and tear down confidence and trust in God. He needed to score a 70 .....His actual score was in the 90's. My friend has now signed up to take the classes needed to get his masters degree. Who is the King of glory? The Lord Almighty...He is the king of glory.

I could write of several more incidents that happened this past week where God intervened in the lives of people. Thank you Lord that you are not someone who is sitting back watching every thing unravel around us. You are the God who is working in the hearts and lives of people. It is because of this I can truthfully say...."Who is the King of glory? The Lord Almighty...He is the king of glory.

God on you....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...