Tuesday, June 5, 2012

It's Like A Snickers Bar---No Matter How You Slice It...Jesus Is Coming Back!


Revelation 22:12
And behold, I come quickly and my reward is with me, to give to every man
according to what he has done.

(Message Bible)
"Yes, I'm on my way! I'll be there soon! I bringing my payroll with me and I'll pay all people in full for their life's work. I am A to Z, the first and the final. Beginning and Conclusion.

You don't hear much anymore about Jesus' return.
The 2nd coming....
You don't even hear much anymore about His 1st coming.
First or second...doesn't matter...
what does matter is that we wake up to the fact that He will return and, as it says in the verses above...he is bringing a reward to be given to each person for the decisions they made while living here on earth.
What decision would that be?
Whether they recognized Jesus as Lord and Savior of their life and accepted the gift of salvation....or whether they rejected Jesus and lived life on their own terms.

Interesting thought....
"Living life on my terms."
My terms is what has brought addiction into the picture.
My terms is why I am surrounded by destruction and death.
My terms is the reason I have no peace or stability in my life.
My terms is why I have only one single thought in my brain...."IF people would just get off my back and leave me alone, I would be o.k."
Truth is, it is because of "My terms" that I have created the mess that now seeks to destroy me.
Ahhh! The good life...life on my terms.

The oldest lie the devil ever spoke to mankind...."Life on your terms."
The sun was shining and the trees looked more inviting than ever before. The young woman was taken by their appearance. Walking among the foliage, she heard an enticing voice behind her. Turning, she came face to face with a serpent. "Good morning...how are you this fine day?" Even though her guard was up, she saw no harm in simply talking. "I'm just enjoying the day that God has given to us.""God...yes..God...He has a way of doing things doesn't he." The woman answered, "Why yes...it was He who provided this place for us. It was He who has given us food to eat and a place to live. He even gave me my husband." The serpent saw his opportunity...."But you don't get to eat from all the trees do you?" The young woman quickly answered, "No we may not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil....and we aren't even allowed to touch it." There it was. The opening that the serpent was looking for. He knew that God had not said anything about touching the tree, only about eating from it. The serpent struck quickly...."Do you know why God has placed the tree of the knowledge of good and evil off limits from you?" This was the very thing that would be the undoing of the young couple as the serpent chose his words carefully. "God knows that in the day you eat from it...your eyes will be opened and you will be like God."
The serpent had now planted the seed of doubt in the mind of the young woman. Seeds of doubt, left in place, will reap a harvest of destruction and the serpent knew this. The words kept ringing in the ears of the young woman..."You will be like God.....you will be like God....you will be like God." Continuing this deadly thought, she came to the conclusion...."If I'm like God...then I won't need God and He won't have to spend all His time here with us. We can rule and reign and take care of everything."

Of course the rest is history.
She ate of the fruit and then gave it to her husband, who in turn also ate.
The close bond of relationship with God was now broken and the couple had been brought under the authority of the devil.
This is why I want to live life on my terms and not God's.
I have a broken relationship with God. This is the heart of every problem that mankind faces today. We seek to be the "God" of our own life, rejecting the real God and His blessings.

The heart of addiction is the rejection of God to live out life on our own terms. Don't allow this to rule you today.

"I, Jesus, sent my Angel to testify to these things for the churches. I'm the Root and Branch of David. The Bright,Morning Star!
"Come!" says the Spirit and the Bride.
Whoever hears, echo, "Come!"
Is anyone thirsty? Come!
All who will come and drink, drink freely of the Water of Life!

God on you....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...