Sunday, October 28, 2012

Stay The Course

No rhyme or reason for the picture above and how it relates to today's posting.
It just reminded me of "life".
Long straight stretch that goes and goes and goes.
Yet at the same time, if you don't watch  yourself, you'll end up in the ditch or wrapped around a tree.

You can tell that others have gone before you. They have left their mark. Now it's your turn.
Now it's your life to live.
Sometimes our greatest leaps in maturity and learning come when we do find ourselves in the ditch. Once you are able to get out of the ditch and back on the road, you drive with more caution. You are a little more careful.


Celebrated my 61st birthday on Friday.
It has been a weekend of family and laughter and love.
it's hard for me to make sense of being 61, since I've never been that before.
I'm not as old as some others I know.
But I'm older than many I meet.
I am the elder statesman at Rapha. That is a high falootin' way of saying I'm the oldest.

One thing I have learned....Age does not always equal wisdom.
I like what the Bible says in Job 42:17 - 
"So Job died, old and full of days."
Is that not cool?
Job....the man of sorrows.
The gold ring prize in a cosmic struggle.
Job...the man whose world came apart in a single day....

When he drew his last breath....it was said that he was full of days.
His life at the end had been restored. He had enjoyed his family, his friends, and had not wavered in his devotion to God.
That is how I want to live my life.


Content to be Michael Bynum.
High school graduate.
Married (as of this posting) 40 years to the same woman. In love with her to such a degree that some think us crazy.
Father of two sons.
Grandfather of two.

Pastor/teacher/councilor.
Chaser of God.
Child of God.
Friend of God.

Who could ask for more.
Right now, if I were to die today, my life is full of days.
I have seen God's hand work miracles.
I have participated in seeing people come to know Jesus as I know Him.

I have wept at some funerals.
I have rejoiced at others, knowing that the person we had gathered to bury was standing in the presence of the Lord.
I have been given the privilege and honor of making music with some incredible people, hitting notes and playing chords that I knew were made possible by the presence of God's Holy Spirit.

So here I am.....5:29 a.m. (we slept in today)
Pecking out this blog.
Grateful and at peace with my God and myself.

Full of days....

God on you....
mb

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mike
Green st has been great. Download your messages regularly to my phone. Listen all the time. Just wanted you to know all your hard work is appreciated. Just wish you posted audio daily, but i realize you have a full plate. Ive always enjoyed your messages. Hope to see you soon.
J Knight

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...