Thursday, February 13, 2014

Cloneliness Is Next To Godliness



Matthew 16:18
........And on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades (Hell) shall not prevail against it.

I have always held to the belief that there are only two kinds of churches.
1.) The professing church
and
2.) The confessing church

The first one is the one that is most visible to everyone.
It is defined by building, program and size.
It contains a congregation and usually a governmental system that varies from denomination to denomination.

The second one is not as easy to see, because it is found within the first.
You see, we would be foolish to think that everyone who attends church is actually saved.
We would be amiss to think that every pastor who stood behind a pulpit to deliver the word of God, was actually called to do so.

We would be off the mark to think that every man or woman who occupies a place of authority within the professing church is actually a part of the family of God. To think such would be foolish on our part.

But within the professing  church, you have those who truly belong to God. Whose hearts burn with passion for Jesus. Hearts that burn to "do the stuff" that Jesus called us to do.
Heal the sick.....
Break off and cast out demonic oppression....
Feed the poor....
In other words.....these don't wait for a program to be instituted by the church government.
They are driven by the Spirit of God to minister. To bring to earth the Kingdom of God.
Sometimes such hearts threaten the professing church.
Why?
Because they, the professing church, can't control those who truly burn for Jesus.

I remember the day God spoke to me about starting a home church.
I was filled with excitement and yet didn't have a clue on how to go about it.
I left work and drove over to the church Vicki and I were attending, to speak with our pastor about what God had shown me.
My pastor's reaction was, " I cannot support what you are saying." Did I hear him right? Yes, I did. He went on to say that such a move could serve as a tool that would disrupt and derail what the church was trying to do." After all, I wasn't licensed or ordained, so the thought of a lay-person starting something was just not condoned or supported. I told him that I had to do this (start the home group). I was totally sold out that God had put this call on me. So I asked him if he would release us and bless us to move on.

I picked out the song I Want To Be A Clone because of the message.
That there are some out there who simply want to replicate themselves believing that this is from God.
The prevailing thought is that if you have been saved, then you need to act and look like everyone else . 
To the professing church, the main point is that conformity is the sign of what a believer should look like. 
I am not advocating a spiritual free for all...I'm not saying that anything goes...
But the true identity of the true Church that God is building, is found in the heart, not in the outward actions and behaviors.
A heart that has been changed will be evident in the behavior.

There will be a love for Christ and a love to carry out His mandate.
There will be peace, not necessarily in the situations and circumstances, but in the person.
Such is the kingdom of God.....

I am grateful that God saved me....
But I am also grateful that God didn't call me to clone others, but to simply share my love and His story to those who may not have heard the Good News.
That, my friend, is how the church should be.


God on you...

mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...