Saturday, February 1, 2014

Pile 'Em Up---Get Rid Of Them.




I Peter 5:7  (NAS)
Casting all your anxiety (cares / problems/ situations) on Him, because He cares for you.

I Peter 5:7 (Message)
Live carefree before God. He is most careful with you.

On this side of heaven, there seems to be some demented, warped, spiritual magnetic attraction between our problems and our solutions. I can't tell you how many times I have read the I Peter 5:7 passage and agreed with it completely. "Yes! Let God have my anxieties!" Only to take them back and carry them around like a ten-ton weight, all the while complaining about my lot in life and that God really doesn't love me like He said He does. How sick was that? Do you see that this spiritual-magnetic attraction hinders us in our walk with Jesus? 

I won't let Him be Lord in my life, if I keep taking back the things I need to entrust Him with. I think maybe part of the problem is also connected to spiritual blindness, or lack of vision. Things don't turn out the way I think they should..........or they aren't stacking up and falling into place like I think they ought to, so the old spiritual-magnet kicks in and voila', I have my anxiety back. Like I said, "How sick is that?"

If you back up in the I Peter 5 passage, to verse 5 you'll read where gives GRACE to the humble. In other words, those who choose to be open and transparent before God are empowered by Him to walk out this daily existence. The passage goes on to tell us that we must humble ourselves. A choice we are to make. No more game playing. No more posturing. No more false fronts and shallow facades to hide behind. We step into the light of God's goodness and glory. We drive our tent pegs down and we dwell there. By lowering myself, or taking the place and position in Christ that I should, God lifts me up and I CAN live out this life in way or manner I was created to. Why? See the last part of Verse 7 ----- HE CARES FOR ME! AND HE CARES FOR YOU!

Don't be hornswoggled by the lies of society and of the devil and his cronies. Ground yourself in the truth of God and His word. Take I Peter 5:7 and read it multiple times a day. Memorize it and let it play in your mind and spirit, over and over and over. Let it become a part of you so that when the darkness of anxiety and the weight of your problems start to crush you, you'll know what to do. Did you notice that no where in the verse did it say God would remove the problem or the situation that was causing the anxiety and worry? He said that the burden created by the problem or situation would be lifted off. But one of the perks of walking with Christ in this manner, is that He will take you through whatever you are facing. He will give you a solution and direction that will aid you during this time of struggle. I can say this with all honesty, because my life is a reflection of what I have written about.

Now this doesn't mean that I walk around all "Pollyanna" and oblivious to my problems. What it does mean is that He is there beside me, His Holy Spirit living inside me, guiding me and encouraging me to keep on and not quit. To not resort to the old ways I use to live in, but push forward.
Now that's some good stuff........
isn't it?

God on you...
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...