Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Lay Your Burden's Down



Come to me, all who are weary and heavy laden....
Come to me, all whose shoulders are bent under the strain of carrying around things you were never created to carry.
You see, you were not created to view yourself as being worthless.
Your heavenly Father created you through an act of love.
Now, He wasn't naive or oblivious to the ways of this world.
He knew the darkness that existed in the hearts of men.
He knew their penchant and ability to inflict pain and suffering.
He also knew His own ability to love far outweighed anything man could bring to bear.
That is why He extended this invitation to shake off the things of this world and walk with Him.
Not a religious walk.....
Not a spiritual walk....
But one born in relationship.
God knows all about us.
Even the scriptures declare that He knows what we need before we even ask Him.
So, if God is so all knowing....
So powerful......
Why would He want to have anything to do with me?
Because everything He does is fueled by His heart of  love.
In spite of my mess, He wants to return me to the way I was suppose to be.
He wants to save me.
He wants to see me make a choice to receive what He has to offer.
He loves me.

At this point of my life, I don't think God ever stops loving us not matter what choice we make.
Doesn't mean He excuses my bad choices which lead to bad consequences....
But He loves us.
In the story of the "Rich, Young Ruler"....Jesus lays out exactly what He sees in this young man. That he has a heart that loves wealth, position and power. So Jesus tells him to go and sell everything he has, give it to the poor, and come and follow Him. The young man could not do this, so he went away...and yet the scriptures says..."Jesus loved him".
The thing that convinces us we are unlovable and Jesus would have nothing to do with us is that sin/flesh nature we each possess. Our sins sends us on the run from Jesus. Our sins separate us from God. God didn't separate Himself from us.

So today, with the thought of God's love hovering all around us, why not lay those burden's down?
Why not turn to Jesus.
Discover the truth about yourself and about Him.
Sounds like a deal to me....
He is risen!
He is risen indeed!

God on you....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...