Monday, April 14, 2014

The Great Leveling Ground---The Cross


I Corinthians 1:18
For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the POWER of God.

I Corinthians 2:2
For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified.

Easter week....
A celebration of the tomb...
A proclamation of the resurrection....
You can't keep God in a box...
Or your mind....
He will escape and go right to your heart.

God does not deal in mental exercise.
God does not exist in verbal acknowledgement.
God is the God of the heart.
The place from where real life is birthed.

The tomb and resurrection is an exclamation point to a week unlike any other in the history of mankind.
But to get to that morning when those closest to Jesus found out that He wasn't there....
You enter through the cross.
The cross has a way of revealing every one's true nature.
It strips away the outer coverings we create to hide behind and label ourselves with.
It shreds college degrees as well as police records.
We all stand naked and uncovered before the cross.
The cross either humbles us......
Or causes our sinful pride to rise up so that we declare we will not bow before this Christ.
I have seen the latter time and time again in individuals who refuse to give themselves over to Christ.
Steeped in addiction and darkness...sin so rampant in their lives that you could almost smell it, they stand before the message of the cross and thumb their nose at Jesus.
I fear for those who do so.
I pray that God would humble them and break through the hardness and darkness they have given themselves to.
For I know that such are storing up God's wrath that will be poured out eventually if they do not turn.


It is still the greatest mystery to me...
How one can come in contact with this Jesus and be completely changed.
Given to salvation and a new way of living...
while others can remain in their sin and darkness and give no thought to their future or what will happen once they draw their last breath.
Maybe it isn't for me to understand....
Maybe it is just for me to be obedient and love everyone I come in contact with.

This I will do...
I will love Jesus...
I will love those who love Jesus....
I will love those who do not love Jesus...
And I will tell the story of the cross.


At the cross. at the cross
Where I first saw the light
And the burden of my heart rolled away..
It was there by faith
I received my sight
And now I am happy all the day

God on you....
mb


No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...