Friday, November 14, 2014

Running Blind


Proverbs 14:12
There is a way which seems right to a man and appears straight before him, but at the end of it is the way of death.

This is the central verse that we used at last night's Bible study.
It is the verse that is associated with Step # 1 of the Twelve Steps.
There is a way.....
There is a direction that seems to be the better choice, but if we travel on it long enough, we find that it ends in death.
There is a way.....

There is a manner or behavior that seems to be the better choice, but if we travel on it  long enough, we find that it ends in death.

But don't we all die at some point?
We sure do.
So what difference does it make in the choices I make if I'm going to die anyway?
Because death isn't the end game.
Death is the transition from this life into eternity.
Death is the seal that closes all the choices we made on this side of eternity.
It seals my fate and my destiny as to where and with whom I will spend eternity.
If I live my days spiritually blind and with thinking that is lead by my sinful nature, without God's intervention and my surrender I will pass over into an eternity separated from God. The one comment I hear over and over from those who have made this transition from spiritual darkness to light is "I can't believe how skewed my thinking was." What seemed like right thinking is now seen as delusional logic. Or as we say..."Addic-ta-logic". A way that seemed right, but if followed long enough will be revealed for what it really is.


Proverbs 16:17 reads: The highway of the upright is to depart from evil. He who keeps his way preserves his soul.  In other words, a life that has turned will and life over to the care of God is being directed and guided by God in a way and manner that will save his soul. The highway or direction of those who have turned from their old ways, always leads away from evil.
But if it leads us away from one thing then it must lead us to another. We find life in Jesus.
Jesus declared that He was the way, so no longer do we labor and stumble around like blind men and women, thinking our way is right. We have a new way who is also real truth and real life.

Psalm 119:105 - Your Word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. The Word of God becomes the reality that shows us how to live in this new way....this new life. It gives us the ability to not only see the direction we need to be headed in, but also brings comfort and peace as we can see and understand what is out there ahead of us. The Word of God illuminates my heart and my thoughts so that I can discern which or from God.....which are from me...and those that are being influenced by the devil and the world.

Turn loose of your way and embrace a new one.
One that leads to real life.

Think on these things today.

God on you.

mb


No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...