Monday, September 7, 2015

The Kingdom Explained




Matthew 9:37
He said to His disciples, "The harvest is great, but the workers are few. So pray to the Lord who in charger of the harvest. Ask Him to send more workers into his fields."

I guess my thoughts turn to "labor" here on this Labor Day 2015.
But not the kind labor associated with the day.

My mind turns to Kingdom labor...
Kingdom harvest....
Isn't it strange that Jesus said the harvest is great.

He has already surveyed the field.
He has knowledge and understanding that escapes us....
We spend our time asking God to save people...
Jesus is saying...."Go for it".

Not that I have any power in myself to save anyone.
I don't.

Maybe we should spend more time looking at the harvest...the individual lives of the people we come in contact with and ask God to show us if they are "ripe" and "ready to be harvested."
Some lives aren't.

Some are.
Maybe what we need is a divine understanding of what constitutes "ripeness and readiness".

I posted a short Wimber teaching on THE KINGDOM, so enjoy on this day....eat a hot dog or a burger. (or if you down at the Vineyard, stop by and pick up a bar-b-que plate.
See you tomorrow....

God on you...
Michael b.

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...