Thursday, March 1, 2018



Scripture and A.A. both use the term "Path". In A.A. we are told that "rarely have we seen anyone fail who has thoroughly followed our path. When it speaks of path, it is referring to the disciplines of the Twelve Steps. The direction you must turn to after your salvation (Step # 1-3).
In the Bible we read in Psalm 119:105 we read where the Word of God (The Bible) is a light to our path. In other words, we receive the ability to make sound decisions that are not driven by our old sin/nature,
Psalm 25:4-5 gives us a good picture of how this "path" choosing works. First off, it begins with me humbling myself before God. Psalm passage reads: "SHOW me Your ways, O Lord." Make clear in my mind and heart exactly how you want me to live today. "TEACH me Your paths"......If God is teaching, what's my part? Learning! Taking to heart what I am hearing, reading, and seeing. Lastly, Psalm 25 reads....LEAD me in Your truth. I have first been shown the right decisions I am to make in my daily life. He then instructs me as to the right direction I am to take....and then I apply through my decision what God has told me to do.
Why should I approach my daily life in this manner? The very last part of Psalm 25:5 reads: "For You are the God of my salvation....On You I wait all the day." My wife has a saying that has followed me a number of years. IF there are decisions to be made, VIcki says, "If He ain't talking.........I ain't walking." In other words, she is not going to launch out making decisions and taking life directions if she hasn't heard from God which way to go. I think that might be wisdom there. Don't you?
God on you....
mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...