Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Walking Like Bambi



The days are full of stress. Time is spent in trying to figure out how to simply navigate what life throws at you. Job.....family....church....and on and on. You look around, and with tired eyes you see people that look like they have their lives all together while your's seems to be ripping apart at the seams.
Maybe today's posting is for you.

Habakkuk 3:19
The Lord God is my strength, and He has made my feet like hinds' feet, and makes me walk on my high places.

How incredible is that verse? First off there is the recognition of the source of power/strength needed to function. The Lord God IS (current...today..right now) my strength. He has filled me with His Holy Spirit. Never doubt that the Holy Spirit can and will guide you through whatever life tries to drown you with.

God give me the ability to rise above the daily grind. The ability to seek Him first in everything. There is a saying in A.A. that has stuck with me...."God does for me what I could not do for myself." The Habakkuk verse says that God has made my feet like the feet of a mountain deer. I can navigate the high places. I can walk in places that I never could in my own strength and ability.

Lastly...."He makes me walk in high places"... All part of the "Follow Me" call Jesus extends to us. Jesus lifts us up. Life w/ Christ is always an upward movement.
I find that God leads me to this Habakkuk passage periodically to remember that in the darkest of times, He is there to show us the way. Sometime the way out of what we're facing...Sometimes the way through what we're facing. Never doubt the Lord's ability.
God on you.

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...