Wednesday, January 9, 2013

John 11




I live somewhere in the middle....
My entire life seems to seek out that middle place....not to swing to far, one side or the other....emotionally or spiritually.
John Wimber use to say that we, as followers of Christ, should seek the "Radical Middle"...that such a place from which to follow Christ was the only place to be.

I hear some lay claim to times of great bliss and joy....such things, they say should be a part of our relationship with Jesus....
Others look to the sufferings of Christ and think that is the way that should be followed.
Joy....
seriousness.....
laughter....
tears.....
To be truthful, I still think that middle place is the place to abide.
The middle place or middle ground is where I acknowledge my "humanness". My innate ability to mess up. Or as my dad use to say..."Boy, you could mess up a steel ball bearing with a rubber hammer." Realizing I'm human is not a cop out or an excuse to sin. It is simply me saying...."Hey God! I'm not you....Help!" From this understanding, I can face the day...
From this understanding, I cad take what the day hands me.....
I don't know if you noticed or not, but life is messy and not very fair.
But since I live here in "this life", I have found the need to remained focused on Christ.
WWJD?
Naw...
WWJWMTD!  What Would Jesus Want Me To Do? Even asking this, I do not launch into speculative thinking or conjecture. I wait until He tells me. Believe me, if you are trying to follow Him, He will reveal Himself to you.

That is why I love this song from Randall Goodgame...John 11.
He sings of those days when you want to quit...
When you let your flesh get the best of you and you just don't care...
Then, like John 11 (The story of Lazarus) Jesus speaks into our lives and we are raised up....
If you want to stay in the tomb...feel free.
Me?
I'm gonna shed my grave clothes and go after Jesus.
Gotta love it!

John 11:25
Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?"

God On You....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...