Thursday, January 31, 2013

Wait For Him!

Acts 1:8
But you shall receive POWER when the Holy Spirit has come upon you....

Step#3
Made a decision to turn my will and life over the to care of God as I understood Him.

The Great Trade Off...
The Divine Exchange....

The Point of Connection.....
When will (my choices driven by my own internal desires) and life (that which enables me to move and interact in the natural world) is released by my own choice....

Now isn't that strange....When I choose to give up my right to choose, I win....
I no longer put myself in the place where I use "addictive logic" to get through my day, instead I began to learn how to follow a pathway to peace.

When I walk out Step #3, I am, as the big book says, rocketed into a new dimension of living. The Holy Spirit, given to me by God the Father, is a promise that was made to Jesus upon his resurrection and return to heaven. God the Father promised to send us a helper, a comforter....His Holy Spirit. He, the Holy Spirit, is the POWER that the steps refer to. Not a doorknob...not your coffee cup...not some unknown, unseen, unheard of source of Power...but the third part of the Triune God.....God the Holy Spirit.

Waiting on God for the anointing of His Spirit is the great condition of spiritual blessing and fullness of power. The ones that Jesus Christ employs as His witnesses will qualify for it by a better spirit than their own—the Holy Spirit, His representative.

Read the Gospels.....Matthew, Mark, Luke and John...
Look up every reference to the disciple named Peter.
How would you sum up his life as written in these four books?
Looser!

He was always saying the wrong thing.
He was always doing the wrong thing.
Even on the night Jesus was arrested, in an attempt to save Him, Peter draws a sword to defend Jesus. Does he kill someone? Does he drive the attackers away? No...the best he can do is lop off a man's ear. Even then, Jesus takes the time to put the ear back and heal the man.

Go to the book of Acts and read Chapters 2 and 3.

The Holy Spirit is poured out on the band of believers, Peter included.
The once bumbling, stumbling, awkward disciple, now full of the Holy Spirit, stands to deliver the first sermon preached.
3000 were added to the number of the church that day...
Was it Peter and his dazzling oratory?
Or was it Peter, full of the power and presence of God's Holy Spirit?
I think the later.


IF I am to move from my old life of spiritual darkness and sin/addiction, I am in need of being filled with such Power as God possesses through the giving of His Holy Spirit.
Simple as that.


God on you...
mb


No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...