Friday, October 20, 2017

Jesus....There Will Never Be Anyone Else



Psalm 95:6 - Come, let us worship and bow down. Let us kneel before the LORD our maker, for he is our God. We are the people he watches over, the sheep under his care.
No matter what my lot today....

No matter what life may bring to me.....joy or sadness......riches or poverty......I will worship you. These are not flattering words to bolster my own self image or ego, or ability. They are words of truth that fill me up with the wonder and awe that a God so powerful could love me, a sinner. Not just say that He loves me, but demonstrated it by giving His own Son as payment to ransom me from the one who kept me in darkness, imprisoned by my own selfish desires. 

It's the realization that any life I experience today comes from a heart that has fallen in love with the God of the universe. The praise and worship that I feel comes from a heart forever changed by blood that was shed on a hillside outside of Jerusalem over 2000 years ago. Blood that has not lost any of it's ability to lay hold of lives and break the power of sin. Blood that paid the price of the sin/debt I owed. Blood that enables me to rise above sin and not be under its power.

Experts from every field stand and proclaim the exact nature of this thing we call addiction.
Some say it is brought about by genetics....
Some say it stems from a physical malady that rises up within the addict.
Some say it is psychological and need only be dealt with through changes in the way we think and behave.
Well, I know that I cannot count myself among any "experts"...and they are a heap smarter than me. But this one thing I do know....
"Rarely have we seen anyone fail who has thoroughly followed this path." A path laid out for those who have run into this God....those who have turned will and life over to His care, and then, as Jesus declared, took up their cross and followed Him. Following Him, you can see and understand the value that is found in having a relationship with Him.

Today....
I will worship God with my whole being...every fiber of my existence.....that my life would be a reflection of the goodness of God.
May you find this for yourself.....
God on you....
mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...