Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Morning Prayer


Step # 11
We sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God, praying only for knowledge of His will and the power to carry that out.

Colossians 4:2
Devote yourselves to prayer with an alert mind and a thankful heart.

First thoughts of the day are important....
It reveals where your mind and heart are headed .
I always attack the day with prayer....
"What do you want from me today, Lord?"
Never slack off in setting your mind straight before you go out to face the day.
Years ago, I thought it best to pray at the end of the day right before I went to bed. Now don't get me wrong, prayer of any kind is better than no prayer at all.
It's just that I found waiting till the end of the day, I was used up. I had fought the daily grind and fight in my own strength, now here before turning in for the night, my prayer basically was..."thank you...thank you....thank you...thank you..for getting me to this point.

I've found a prayer that I'd like to share in today's posting. It comes from the book The Celtic Way Of Evangelism. The prayer struck me as one that fit the life of everyone who is battling addiction and has decided to take the high road of recovery. May it become your prayer this day.

God,
I rise today
with Your power to pilot me,
Your strength to sustain me,
Your wisdom to guide me,
O' Lord, Your eye to look ahead for me,
Your ear to hear me,
Your word to speak for me,
Your hand to protect me,
Your way always before me,
Your shield to defend me,
Your angelic host to deliver me from the snares of devils.
From evil temptations,
From nature's failings,
From all who wish to harm me, far or near,
alone or in a crowd.

May we become a praying people who have found the value of pouring ourselves out to God. That we grow in understanding exactly the nature and power of this communication with out heavenly Father. 

God on you...
mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...