Wednesday, March 31, 2021

ENTER INTO YOUR REST

 


It was a beautiful day yesterday. I stood there at the top of that hill looking out of stretches of green grass. Trees were blooming, and the sun gave of its warmth, as breezes came and went around us. Yesterday was the funeral of Bobby Stone.

I first met Bobby and Patsy 4 + years ago. I wasn't aware at the time of the health struggles that Bobby was dealing with. He was a fighter in the truest sense of the word. I never heard him complain about anything, and he seemed to have a permanent smile etched upon his face. But that was just Bobby. Always looking toward the positive, and grateful for another day.

I got to sit with the family during our time at the funeral home, and I heard story after story about the incredible life this man had led. Oh, he won't be found in any history book, but I guess one could say that his name was written down in the only book that truly matters........The Book of Life. 

I chose the picture above because you can't have Bobby without Patsy. If ever there was truth to the statement that when man and woman become husband and wife they become one. Tomorrow, April 1st, would have been Bobby's 81st birthday. But somehow, I think Bobby has a new birthday. The day he passed from the bonds of this world into the arms of His Savior. You see, on March 27th the day we view as the day he died, I think this was his first birthday of truly being born again.

I know that the coming years will be a hard one for the family. Such always is for anyone who has lost a loved one. It will be a year of firsts. First birthday, first Thanksgiving, first Christmas...and on and on. There will be times of great loneliness. Time of tears. But also there will be times of laughter as memories come to remind us of the good things and the good times.

While Bobby is safe and home in the presence of His Lord and Savior, you and I must still navigate this thing called life, all the while headed to where Bobby has gone. I pray that we can carry the sweet spirit and attitude that was a part of Bobby.

Please pray for this family that God would strengthen and comfort them for what lies ahead.

Bobby, I will miss you, but I will see you again.

God on you...

mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...