Monday, March 15, 2021

SPRING FORWARD----- FALL BACK

 


Time Change....More daylight....More time in the evenings to get out and do whatever needs being done. Actually no. There isn't more time. We get the standard 24 hours a day no matter what. But man came up with the notion that he could reset the way life moved in order to take care of whatever plans he may have.

No, I'm not a daylight saving times renegade...running around screaming "keep the old ways and leave time alone." I'm not a big fan of DST but I can live with it. What I find interesting is that God is the one who sets times and seasons. He doesn't manipulate anything. He decrees it, and it is so. Very simple.

This morning as I got up, I had this whole "time" thought running in my brain. One of the first verses that came to me is found in Job Chapter 38. Job has been asking a lot of questions to God, and now it is His time to reply. The chapter  opens with these words: "Who is this that obscures my plans with words without knowledge? Brace yourself like a man; I will question you, and you shall answer me. Where were you when I laid the earth's foundation? Tell me, if you understand who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know!"

Pretty heady stuff. Mankind with his storehouse of knowledge, or maybe I should say limited knowledge", becomes puffed up thinking that he can solve every problem humanity faces. Science replaces God. Opinion is passed off as truth that should be followed without question. I am not  anti-science---I marvel at the things that have been invented since my birth. The list is pretty impressive when you stop and look at it. But it pales in comparison to what God has brought forth. Those words of Genesis 1:1 set the rule and reign of God in place to show us who it is we are dealing with. "In The Beginning God Created". Creation was an act which brought order out of Chaos. Such is the heart of God. He brings order to my life out of the chaos i have created. No wonder that He is referred to as "The Highest Power". 

Such power has been directed to pull mankind out of the miry muck and mire of a fallen world. to lift us up to a new way of living. To give us life here, life abundant...and eternal life once this old mortal coil plays out and our hearts no longer beat. Not trying to be glib but God is the answer to everything wrong in my heart and in my life. He is not Santa Claus......or the Easter Bunny....He's not the tooth fairy, or Mr. Sandman. He is the living creator of all we can see and comprehend. We can scream all we want to about how unfair this world is, and where was God when disaster struck, but the bottom line is we truly do live in a fallen world filled with sin and self. There will be some who will say that I am naive and a simpleton. I'm o.k. with that. Your unbelief doesn't make God any less real.......or any less powerful.....or any less loving. For God so loved the world that He put in place a plan to reconcile the sin of humanity so that relationship could be restored. All I can say to that is an enormous "THANK YOU GOD!" for saving me.

I've rambled on enough here on this Monday morning. Thanks for stopping by and checking out the Greene Street Letters.

God on you...

mbb 

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...