Wednesday, March 3, 2021

TURNING TO GOD


Sometimes I fear we have relegated "Seeking God's face" to Sunday mornings, and an occasional effort on our part when things get hard, or we are backed into a corner. Did you ever stop to think that maybe just hanging out with God might be a good thing? I'm not trying to be disrespectful or flippant when I use the term "hanging out with God."

I'm referring to those moments when we are alone and we simply turn our thoughts to Him. Not really asking anything of Him, but simply listening for Him to speak to us. Allowing ourselves to "experience" God's presence not only with our thoughts and emotions, but especially with our faith. Faith that gives me a firm place in which to stand in my decision making. Faith that brings stability to my life in the face of the storms that come my way.

"Seek first His Kingdom and His Righteousness!" Seek His rule in our hearts. Look for it in His Scripture. Allow yourself to be transformed by His Holy Spirit, and not conformed by the spirit of this world and this age.

So how do I find the face of God? You will find it as you study, digest, and take in His Word. The gospels show us the heart of God through the life that Jesus lived here on earth. We see God's power right off the bat in the opening words of Genesis Chapter One. What? Did you think those opening words were simply there to kick off the book with? No! Those ten words in Verse 1 of Genesis 1 are the anchor that holds this book together. Ten simple words that give us a display of Power, Thought, And Creativity that goes beyond the scope of our understanding.

Ten simple words that form a statement, not a cry or call for us to believe in God. Those ten words scream at us..."Here is who God is! What are you going to do? Believe in Him or not."

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." This is who is calling us to "Seek His Face"....to look to Him as our all sufficiency....not the world. Our reply? Just like the verse says..."Your face, O Lord, I shall seek."

God on you this morning....

mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...