Wednesday, March 30, 2022

HOPE

 


I have had the lyrics to a Mark Heard song running around in my brain for a few weeks now. Can't seem to shake it, nor do I wish too. Simple words.....easy words...But sometimes it is the simple words that carry the most power. The simple words that God speaks through to bring hope and light to a soul in darkness....

"When the weight of this world crashes down on you, He will listen to you. When your sky turns black and your thought's turn blue, God will listen to you. He will listen to you. Always listen to you. He understands how His children feel, He will listen to you."

More than just listen, He will act on the words of our prayers. He will move upon the pain we feel inside when we turn to Him. How empty and dark is a soul that chooses to wallow in the darkness of self despair. Sometimes life drains us to the point that we can't see beyond the pain and darkness. But there is this spark of light.... a small flame that draws our attention and whispers to us  that "There is hope." Hope that sees beyond our situation. Hope that comes with healing to take away the mental anguish of the bondage we find ourselves in.

Times like these call for an honest cry of out heart. Not some "King James / Old English" prayers. But a prayer than may simple consist of two words..."Oh God...Oh God...Oh God.." Such prayers come from within, and it is our pain that God hears behind those two simple words.

I found myself in Lamentations this morning, in some verses that I have read numerous times.

Chapter 3:19-24

I remember my affliction and my wandering, the bitterness and the gall. I well remember them, and my soul is downcast within me. Yet this I call to mind and therefore I HAVE HOPE.

Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions NEVER fail. They are new every morning. Great is Your faithfulness. I say to myself, " The Lord is my portion, therefore I will wait for Him."

Maybe someone needed to read this today because of the things that are happening in their life. I know that these words spoke to me, as I remembered that God is greater than any situation I may encounter today. God is greater than my past. I recall His love, AND I HAVE HOPE.

God on you....

mbb


No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...