Sunday, March 27, 2022

48 YEARS AGO

 


On this day 48 years ago, my son Chad came into this old world.
48...doesn't seem that long.
Time has a way of sliding through our fingers like water, doesn't it?
Last night, as I sat across the table from my son, I had so many memories that came flooding thorough my mind.

"Weeble's Wobble but they won't fall down"...
Chad sitting in the floor playing his "Peoples" as he called them.
Reading him his favorite story "Grover And The Leaky Faucet".
You better not skip a page, a line, or a word because Chad knew the story by heart, and if you did not read it correctly he would stop you and say, "That's not right."

Years passed and "Peoples" became flesh and blood friends.
Chris Beshears, Shannon Bowen, John Works, Cory and Terry Michael Elrod.
All part of the gang that terrorized Greene Street (not really, they did what boys did).

There were bottle rocket battles on the 4th of July....
Attempts to roll yards during Halloween...
All the things that make up and define the life of a boy.

But like all boy's, Chad grew to become a man. And what a man He has become.
Loves his wife...
Loves his children.
Provides and takes care of them.

Yes, last night was super special to me as I sat and watched my son interact with family.
Chad exemplifies the love a father is to have for his wife and his children.
I remember when my son was saved...
I remember when he came to his mother and me and told us that he was
going to go to Ukraine for the summer to help start a youth group for a local church there.
I remember the faithfulness that God has shown to my son...
The grace and mercy that has followed him through the years.

Oh, like all of us, Chad has had his struggles, has fought his battles, and has turned to God for strength.
through it all, Chad has carried a heart that will not give up.
So on this day, this proud father proclaims his love for his first born.
On this day, this proud father wishes him the happiest of happy birthdays.

Thank you for being the man you are...
And know that I love you and am proud of you...
love
Dad

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...