Thursday, November 24, 2022

THANKSGIVING 2022


Well, here we are!  Thanksgiving 2022. Seems like it was only yesterday when everyone was worried about Y2K. Time has a way of slipping along whether we are ready or not.

It has been a banner year for Vicki and me. We celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary a few months back. This year was my 25th year as a pastor. Yes, I got started kind of late in my life, but I wouldn't trade this past 25 for anything in the world.

Maybe because of all the years that have piled up around me the words of Psalm 100 take on a new meaning on this Thanksgiving day.

Make a joyful shout to the Lord, all you land! Serve the Lord with gladness, come before His presence with singing..

Enter into His gates with thanksgiving and into His courts with praise. Be thankful to  Him and bless His name.

(Why should we do this?)  For the Lord is good. His mercy is everlasting, and His truth endures to all generations.

Thanksgiving, to me, isn't about the things I have....it is about celebrating the goodness of God in spite of this dark, dark world and the death and destruction that comes through sin. It is about a God who did not give up on mankind, but sent His Son to be the ransom payment so that we could have eternal life in His presence. That is what I am truly thankful for.

So.....from Vicki, Michael, Chad, Robin, Tyler, Ashley, Josh, Heather.....the Bynum's...we wish you a day of Thanksgiving and that the Spirit of God would rest on you, grow in you, and flow from you.

God on you....

michael b. 

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...